Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Front Office Manager
Your tasks and responsibilities
- The job holder provides operational leadership and coordination for Front Office and HRIS administrative, operational, process improvement and change activities in China. He/she is familiar with the key Bayer HR processes and functions and ensures that these are taken into account at the local Front Office level.
- Proactively work with the local and global HR community (HR Experts, HR Business Partners, HR Operations, HR Organization etc.) as well as close collaboration with other HR Operations Managers, especially with the HR IT related groups.
- Ensure service delivery within the HR Reporting, Organization Management, and Employee Inquiry Process, systems and tools for China and continuously improve processes, using best practices and standardization to drive customer satisfaction and service excellence based on local needs and global structure.
- Monitor systems, identify process improvements, and manage user access to tools used in relation to the Employee Inquiry Process (e.g., SAP Customer Relationship Manager; Telephony system; Satisfaction Survey Tool and Process; and Knowledge Management Tool).
- Market the Front Office to the staff and management of the local HR organization to build acceptance and encourage confidence in the Front Office.
- Ensure appropriate metrics (including KPIs) for local organization in line with global governance.
- Ensure the implementation of local norms and laws in relation to the Employee Inquiry Process and systems(e.g. Customer Relationship Management).
- Works closely together with the Global Process Owner for Employee Inquiry Process on processes and systems, and effectively collaborates with Front Office Managers globally to exchange best practices and information about relevant issues.
- Ensure proper budget performance and alignment.
- Be the first contact regarding operational / administrative services within China.
- Ensure compliance and risk management across the Front Office & HRIS team and systems locally.
- Ensure an up to date knowledge about local market /benchmarking trends regarding employee / customer inquiry process.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of best practice from and to the global organization/community as well as within HR Operations to provide an integrated customer service by providing training materials and content for the knowledge management system as required for appropriate service delivery.
- Have clear overview about changes, project requests and developments within China and coordinates as needed.
- Supervise prioritized projects and services in the region and supports the project/service team. Serve as a consultant within the local organization to provide education, guidance and strategic direction in quality management and Service Excellence delivery methods for the Employee Inquiry Process.
- Act as mentor/coach and people manager for the local HR Operations Associate and Professional allocated to him/her.
- Set targets for the team in terms of behavior, performance and development; perform salary review.
- Manage Front Office&HRIS staff (recruit, on board, motivate, develop, determine merit and identify talent) in line with the Bayer LIFE values.
- Establish a work culture within the Front Office&HRIS that promotes teamwork and sharing within HR Operations globally and partnering with stakeholder
- Proactively identify HR reporting service issues and take appropriate action to resolve.
Who you are
- University degree or equivalent, especially with the main focus on Human Resources. Alternatively an equivalent progressive working experience.
- 10 years above working experiences with at least 3 years above team management experiences.
- English language should be fluent both in the spoken and written form, plus local / regional language requirements.
- Several years of experience in the field of customer inquiry processes. This should also include several years of management experience. An additional experience across core HR functions (e.g.,
- Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, etc.) is beneficial.
- In depth knowledge about managing the systems and processes for customer inquiries (e.g., SSF, SAP, Knowledge Management system, Telephony systems, etc.).
- Developing strong working relationships with stakeholders, the HR community and customers.
- Communications strategy and messaging skills with the ability to build long term partnerships with internal management & staff, including the various relevant representatives of workers groups and external stakeholders.
- Experienced in multidisciplinary project management as well as change management would be beneficial.
- Experience working and collaborating within a global organization and multicultural environment.
- Strong customer orientation and service delivery management.
- Willingness to take on responsibility and be resourceful (using a wide-range of information sources)
- Proven experience as a role model for Service Excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to provide local leadership in a global team environment.
- Team-oriented leadership skills honed through experience with senior management.
- Experience with guiding and coaching staff development.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_7]
Entry Level: 5