Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Strategic Partnership Lead APAC
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Being a member of the innovation sourcing LT and contribute to overarching business goals achievement
- Be knowledgeable on the overall research portfolio gaps, priorities, and enablers and forward looking areas to translate them into scouting priorities in APAC
- Monitor the APAC innovation ecosystems relevant to R&D functional areas and translate it into competitive and science intelligence. Leverage adequate tools to provide external landscape.
- Be accountabe to grow the external network of partners in APAC
- Represent Bayer in consortia (e.g. PPP) related to the technical research area to leverage knowledge, access material and grow new networks of partners potentially outside of pure AgTech but relevant to Ag R&D needs.
- Ensure diligent evaluation of external opportunities coming from established scouting channels. Support the 3rd party evaluation process. Support the evaluation of early ideas through our various channels (e.g. platform NeoX) coming from internal and externals chanels (e.g. Innovate.bayer. Com, active scouting) . Support the due diligence process for requests coming from CSPM (commercials and LCM asset portfolio).
- Represent Bayer in key conferences being part of advisory boards, panel discussions or a speaker
- Be an internal „ambassador" in the local organization to advocate existing and new open innovation programs at Bayer, be knowledgeable on the portfolio and purpose of the open innovation programs
- Support the Partnership Development team for diligent execution of the negotiation
- Ensure that team members comply to the use OISP integrated tools (e.g. data /partners management tool) to monitor and evaluate external partners
Who you are
- R&D background with one major degree (e.g. PhD) in Life Sciences
- 5 years experience in leading R&D projects involving external partners
- Leadership experience with record in building effective teams
- Strategic Mindset. Seeing future opportunities and translate them into strategy and concrete actionable
- Create new and better ways of looking at problems. Knowledgeable in innovation methodologies (e.g. SIT, agile, scrum, design thinking)
- Facilitate an open dialogue with a variety of stakeholders. Savvy navigating between collaborative team set-up and own role (community, scrum, hierarchical)
- Pursue difficult challenges with energy, motivate his team and ensure accountability
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_35]
Entry Level: 5