Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Toxicologist & Health Risk Assessment
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation of local dossier toxicology reports/statement/position paper aligning with regional and global team, develop strategies to ensure smooth and successful registration in China.
- Conduct local non-dietary risk assessment (NDRA) in early stage to contribute project decision and generate final official report for dossier submission. Support NDRA cooperation project for industry locally and actively engage with institutes and authorities on technical details.
- Coordinate and manage all China local toxicological studies and non-dietary exposure studies under alignment with global.
- Provide professional support to toxicological and NDRA related questions from national registration authorities.
- Act as window person of toxicological and NDRA activities in China; communicate to region/global team for product developmental strategy in early stage, contribute to global toxicologist team for study design, result discussion and report generation.
- Monitor hot toxicology and NDRA topics situation globally and take activity in advance to reduce negative impact in China.
- Regularly and proactively communicate with global/region/local teams for national toxicological and NDRA related requirement and align China strategy.
- Influential participation in industry associations and regulatory expert groups, for advocating and participating in the development of sound local pesticide evaluation schemes.
- Value added to the success of the company - what
are the main objectives of the function?
- Manage all toxicological and NDRA activities and issues professionally to support product registration activities;
- Expert communication with authority, industries and external experts to strengthen power of BCS in toxicology and DNRA field in China. Advocacy of local needs in regional and global team ensuring continuous alignment.
- Contribution context (Multiple choice of a pick
list + free text with limited characters)
- Individual Contributor
- Team Member
- Manager of local stakeholders, key CRO, industry expert groups
Who you are
- PhD degree in Toxicology, Pharmacology, biology, biochemistry or medicine.
- Minimum 8 years' experience, "Diploma of Certified Toxicologist" is strong plus
- Specialist in mammalian toxicology in China, have relevant industry background. well connected to peer expert in local and regional expert community.
- Profound knowledge of toxicological and NDRA dossier requirements in Chinese. Familiar with both international and Chinese test guidelines
- Good communication, coordination and budgeting skills,
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Team spirit and leadership competence in reaching out to related departments, regional and global community
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.